Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Eternity On The Life-Line

December 13, 2011

Klove (radio station) was telling a story yesterday morning about a stabbing. I can't remember the specific details, but basically a man was stabbed. He was able to make it to a neighbors house to ask for help. Of the few members in that home that were there, one stepped forward instantly. The victim's physical need was obviously urgent and someone called for help. The first neighbor out the door ran to kneel beside him and immediately asked him if he was saved. She asked him "Do you want salvation?" The victim, in his last few breaths responded "yes, I do." The neighbor prayed over and with him the prayer of salvation. Meanwhile the others scurried around trying to tend to him physically. EMS arrived. The man passed on shortly after.

Let that soak in for a second...




She knew instantly that the greatest need, in that moment for that man, would be for his eternal soul. She did not hesitate. She ran. She did not question what was truly important. She knew. She was not frazzled because she knew this was not about her.

How many of us would think that way? How many of us would be prepared for something like this?

This is how we need to see each person we encounter - as someone possibly taking their last breaths. Will we step forward - no, will we RUN to our knees toward those that are dying in every sense?

What an amazing testimony. I can only imagine what the reunion in heaven is going to look and sound like between the two people above. 









To those that question this story in the literal sense - if someone can be saved on their death bed, here's my opinion on it:




1.  Luke 23:41-43  We are punished justly, for we are getting what our deeds deserve. But this man has done nothing wrong."  Then he said, "Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom."  Jesus answered him, "Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise."

^ Jesus said this to the thief that was crucified next to him who believed in him and asked to be with him.






2.      John 6:47  Verily, verily, I say to you, he who believes in Me has everlasting life. 

Remember the parable of the field workers where the last worker to join the field was paid the same as the first one that joined earlier in the day. We shouldn't wait to be on death's door to accept the giftof salvation, but if the moment were to ever arise that this was what someone was facing, we better believe that it's a legit window to help secure their eternity. Their soul will be rewarded salvation just as much as the soul that accepted salvation earlier in life. 







3.      Luke 15:9  And when she hath found it, she calleth her friends and her neighbors together, saying, rejoice with me: for I have found the piece which I had lost

Believing or non-beliveing, we are still God's precious. We are either saved or lost. It overwhelms me how God rejoices over each and every one of us being found and I feel that means at any time while we are on earth before we physically die.








4.     John 11: 25-26  Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

I think "whosoever liveth" pretty much covers anyone.

4 comments:

  1. Sandy!! I have tears in my eyes after reading this... What a beautiful story! I work at the local hospital and can very much relate to such a scene... I'm overwhelmed by the thought of having such an opportunity to be in such a situation! Thank you for posting... Would you mind if I borrowed it to share with my readers?! It is really THAT good!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please share it. :) I tear up every time I recall this story. I first heard it on the radio and I had to pull over because this realization was soo overwhelming. Thank you soo much for reading and share anything on this blog as you feel led to, Tina. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you:) I'm glad to meet you and read all of your thoughts. What a beautiful (Godly) mind. It's a blessing to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, no thank YOU and it's a pleasure! :D

    ReplyDelete

I read each of these comments with excitement knowing that I will either gain confirmation or suggestions! God bless you!