Monday, January 9, 2012

Praying "For" A Spouse

My thoughts on this:



I was thinking about this idea today and something didn't sit right with me. I couldn't pinpoint it until now. When you hear this topic we all assume there's going to be a list that follows for each individual and what they are praying for in a person. There's nothing wrong with that. I dont 'think it's neccessarily about praying for certain qualities in someone. Yes, there are things you can pray for, but it's something bigger than that. You don't need to just pray for a special someone, but pray FOR them like pray for their protection, guidance, discernament, and spiritual growth. It's not neccessarily just  praying for them to be known to you right now or what you "want". God made you. He knows what you like and what you need. Are you going to trust Him in that?

 If there is someone out there who is meant to be in your life as a future spouse, then you/we need to be praying FOR their well being. If there is a plan that includes you as being a partnered with someone, then you/we have a responsibility to be spiritual support for them right now. Even if we can't see ourselves married right now or have no clue who this person may be, that doesn't negate the fact that you may meet someone down the road that needs your spiritual intercession for them right now. I hope I'm making sense.

I dont think there's a better way to love a person then to love them before you ever meet them. Love them enough to be praying them through their "right now". In other words, it might help if we not make this issue about us and what we want. Maybe we should make it about them. That seems more ....right...to me. Just a thought. For me, for someone else...but there it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read each of these comments with excitement knowing that I will either gain confirmation or suggestions! God bless you!