Friday, March 16, 2012

Who Do You Relate To In The Bible?

Mary Magdalene.

Her history is questioend at times but the fact is that she loved Jesus and she served willingly.  We don't know what she was healed from but it's said that she was set free from several demons.  "Demons" are also seen as a spirit of depression, self-injurious behavior, anxiety issues, debilitating insecurities, anger, paranoias, etc demons.  I think things like these are what she suffered from.  I relate to these things. 

I grew up thinking that there was this big thing I was going to do for God.  That somewhere down the road my life would come to a climax...the moment I had waited and prpared for my entire life.  I've sat and thought on this question and the truth, for me, is that sometimes it's the daily small things of being faithful that are our calling.  Being humble, not needing a spotlight, just wanting to follow and be close, being faithful in all I do. Grateful and faithful...mary M. is symbolic of these.  I'm just soo grateful.  If all else failed, I know my God will not fail me. No matter how close I get, I feel like I can't get close enough. 

Colossians 1:12 giving thanks to the Father who has qualified us to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in the light.









To add:  

I think we fit different characters according to our life phase.  We are all doubting Thomas from time to time even for just a split second.  Over time (I hate saying "with age"), I've cooled my horses on the impatience and fear things.  I'm just...here. God can take care of it all.  I don't want the stress of control anymore. 

I was just cleaning the toilet while I thought:  "Lord knows I've been a Jezebel, and I liked it.  Man, God, I was soooo bad. 

Just thought you needed to hear that - toilet thing an-all.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

I read each of these comments with excitement knowing that I will either gain confirmation or suggestions! God bless you!