Saturday, November 10, 2012

My Google Search For Inspiring Articles For "Single Christian Woman"

Singles/Single Parents: I was looking for something to encourage me on how to stay refreshed spiritually as single christian woman. I did three searches using "single Christian women/Christian single mothers", and each time more than 2/3 of the results were geared toward how to attract a husband. This was the basic topic in the top three results each time. Things are rated at the top because they are the most searched or the most posted about. I have to say that I was a little saddened by this. I desire a companion like the next person, but these aren't the results I was hoping to find today. I'm saddened that there's soo much focus on this instead of an overwhelming desire to be Christ minded on our own.

I'm sorry, but I'm not going to put off planning for the future because "I'm waiting for a husband". That means I would be making him my future. There's no assurance in that. I'm not going to miss the significance of the moment right now thinking that my life will only be significant with a husband beside me. Isn't this moment going to create who we need to be anyways? Therefore, this phase you're in is very significant.

I'm not going to spend my heart's energy so strongly focused on something when I claim to leave everything up to God and His timing. We either have submitted it to God or we haven't. I would someday "like" a godly husband and to be his godly wife, but I NEED God right now and in all my tomorrows. There are soo many other things to spend our powerful prayer on daily.

I'm tired. I feel like I'm running in circles sometimes against the wind. For moments, I get a glimpse of the lie that there is no hope. I have the enemy side-swapping me at times with flashes of guilt over being single with children.

My heavenly father is the ONLY anwer to these circumstances.
 
I'm going to take care of myself because I deserve to feel good today and yes it's possible being on my own. I need daily supernatural refreshing so that I can perform above and beyond the roles God has placed me in right now. I find joy like no other in this very special relationship that is just me and God. Get rest. Get refreshed. It's ok to be filled with joy. Be motivated. Change the world around you today, and all that may take is someone seeing you rested and smiling in your current situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read each of these comments with excitement knowing that I will either gain confirmation or suggestions! God bless you!