Saturday, December 10, 2011

HIS Child, HIS Beloved, HIS Bride

 
The very first time I heard this song, a scene came to mind and opened up this story to me. The thoughts that came to mind as I heard the lyrics are in parenthesis. As you can see, I see this song as the story of Jesusbeing born into the world- into sin for us. He is constantly calling out to our spirits because we are spritually slumbering until He awakens us. This IS a love song. In it, I see a love like no other. I hope you see it too. He's knocking at our hearts and asking us if He is welcome to stay to comfort and heal us. This truly is how loving He is
.    
“Oh My Dear”  by  Tenth Avenue North
 

“Oh My Dear”

I called you up, you were in bed,
(Awaken child, your spirit slumbers)

 could barely make out the words that you said
(You’re soo far from me, lying in your sin.)

But you wanted to see me instead,
(Your cries I’ve always heard, a people in want of show,

 so I got dressed
and so I sent my son.)

And I stepped out into the snow,
(I, through my son, came to dwell among you,

and walked for a mile or so
(to know your struggles and temptations for awhile)

Felt the rush of blood come from the cold, within my chest
(Redemption’s blood burst from my heart from all the sin.)

Well, you finally came to the door,
(I’ve stood at the door and knocked.

and we talked for an hour or more
(You finally sought my presence there. )

Until I asked if you would stay up until four, and you said that’s fine
(Can you have a heart for me and my desire for you?   It’s but a small sacrifice. )


But you said “theres something I have to say,
(But your fears overcome you)

and I cant because I am so afraid
( Unworthiness overwhelmns you.)

And so I held you as you started to shake, that night
(Finally Giving me all that burdens you in your darkest hour.)

Oh, my dear, I’ll wait for you
(Oh my child, my prodigal one.)

Grace tonight will pull us through
(With my love, you will know my grace, covering you to dawn’s light.)

Until the tears have left your eyes
(In you, I am creating a new thing.)

Until the fear can sleep at night
(your cross of shame to lay down and leave at rest)

Until the demons that you’re scared of,  Disappear inside
(Dark can not reside with light.)

Until the scale begins to crack
(and then my healing of you begins)

And this weight falls from your back
(and your spirit lifted.)

Oh, my dear, I’ll keep you in my arms tonight
(Oh my love, you’re safe in my arms, keep your eyes on me)

You slowly lifted your head from your hands
(Please, I know how deep your wounds go)

You said “I just don’t think that you’ll understand
(and I know where you’ve carried them)

You’ll never look at me that way again
(I know you’ve met rejection around every corner)

If you knew what I did”
(Oh, but you don’t know what my love is capable of..

And so your tears fell and melted the snow
(How sweet your trust now, your walls falling)

You told me secrets nobody had known
(gently cleansing you as you unravel)

But I never loved you more, even though
Now I know what you did
(Let me show you what you’ve never known before.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read each of these comments with excitement knowing that I will either gain confirmation or suggestions! God bless you!