Monday, December 12, 2011

I'm Humbled. I'm Loved.

Worship Song:     "Reign Over Me" by Hillsong



"True intimacy with God always brings humility." - Beth Moore

I've seen throughout my life that this stands true. To be that close, you can't help but start to reflect the other. When I welcome God's truth over my life as being defined only by Him, I am able to feel the release of freedom into my life. I've gained a freedom to give without expectation and to choose to not carry the world's burden of what "I am", because repeatedly I have have realized that true joy lies only in knowing my God, my father and friend. When you can grasp this, a lifetime of baggage will fall off your shoulders.  My hand in His, I want to continue this journey being His love reaching out. He has been the only experience, where giving over all my control to someone, gave me absolute freedom. I am undeserving. God, I don't want to be useless.




Psalm 16: 11     "Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fullness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore."

You abiding in me has brought an experience that no other can compare to. I want more. I want to walk along side of you, as your friend, like Abraham. I desperately want to be known to have been after your very own heart, God, like David. If people can only say that I loved deeply and widely, then I can't ask for anything greater than that. I want to be soo close to you that your every movement in my life is in no need of me guessing the direction. Soo close that your every movement is felt like a subtle shift in the wind guiding me of your every turn. I want to thrive in your presence. You tugging at my heart isn't harsh conviction or a reason to pull back. It means I'm within your reach, and I thank you for that. Countless times I have reached out for your hem, and I will continue to cling to it.




"O, the fullness, the pleasure, the sheer excitment of knowing God here on earth."// Jim Elliott




No comments:

Post a Comment

I read each of these comments with excitement knowing that I will either gain confirmation or suggestions! God bless you!