Distance affects a lot,
But determined love builds the bridge.

What’s needed more now than having you always near,
Is knowing, when needed/wanted, you WILL be near.

Perfection is not my requirement,
But feeling secure with you is.


What we lack in time together right now
is building something unlacking when we are close.


I don’t’ need your arms filled with gifts and treats.
I just need your arms always open to me.


Don’t view my older phases of obscurity as disgrace of you.
It’s just a teenager thing, and remember you once ignored your parents too. 

Don’t worry about not being the one to set an example of a
“union”…
because individuals define a union. So, you can model the individual I should be.

Don’t worry about “others trying to make you look bad” to me,
because I really am seeing you more than hearing them.


No matter if everything seems perfect over here,
there’s absolutely nothing that compares to me and you dad.


I’ll never need your side of the argument in that mess.
I just need you to be my safe neutral place to land…


You might not be the one to fix our leaky roof anymore,
but you can help build the foundation of ME.


I’ll never be disappointed in you
unless you give into the false disappointment in yourself.


You’ll find very quickly, with focus on me,
that my eyes really see “you”.


Don’t ever run from life’s ugly picture that I’m standing behind, because youll miss out on the drawing I did on the back of it, for only you.

These harder times will fade dad,
so don’t let right now forever define you and I.


God sees your heart daddy.
That’s all I need to see too.”


Inspiration: my best friend and inspirational outstanding single parent
Written: 6/21/10