From day one I knew of you.
I knew there was something more.
Not because of some glorious sighting,
but as hope flowing from despair’s hold.

At times I struggled to smile at the thought of you.
At times I struggled to like you.
I never felt you deserted me,
even though I cried out asking when you would save me.

I wondered why I was.
I wondered why you allowed.
I wondered how much more I could take.
I wondered why, even you, made me feel soo small.

As I’ve looked farther back, your joy once covered the dark.
Further on down the road, I’ve asked what it is I did so wrong
to not have that peace .
I’ve realized it was a child’s heart that moved you back then.
So from me, a child’s heart
you will now see.

You deserve the glory
for all that is in your plan.
You are worthy. You are worthy.
I am soo sorry…
please forgive me, for those really were
your footprints in the sand.

Youve created,
guided,
truly loved,
and continue to hold in rememberance ,
all that I am.