Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Political Leaders: Gotta Love 'Em. No, Really.


I had planned on doing a post on this today, but I came across another blogger that says it better. Here is the link and my reply to his post. It pretty much sums up what we need to do and how we need to do it in the political arena.


[Followed Blogger: Politics]


"This is why I don't venture into discussion in this arena. It's never pretty. What I've decided personally is that no matter what side we chooses or if we choose to stay inactive due to inevitable beliefs, that as believers we're supposed to pray for our leaders. As you pointed out, there's a repetitive history in the bible. So you know that the one that always comes out blessed is the one that obeys. Agree or not with them, we need to be obedient in standing in the gap for them."


 I Timothy 2:1-2     "I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; 2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty."


All in all, this world may fall. It may cave in on itself, if it hasn't already. Nothing may change no matter what we pray. The point, in my opinion, is that the "we may lead quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty" may very well be in reference to us individually. What is going to happen will happen. We just need to keep ourselves in line, and let God do the rest. Be obedient and trust that we individually/our family will be taken care of. That's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read each of these comments with excitement knowing that I will either gain confirmation or suggestions! God bless you!