Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The Molehill Moutain

From what I've seen, conflict begins with one hurt. Think about it...

Think of all the conflicts you have been involved with or witnessed. It boiled down to someone, in the very beginning, being hurt or offended whether it was real or perceived. Right?  It seems this way to me.

So what if, instead of lashing back or running away, we quietly stand there and then embrace that person? Either literally or in other ways that show we acknowledge that something hurt them. It's all about one person needing acknowledgment over a hurt...

Think of how much trouble we could avoid by instantly loving people before we judge  them.

I'm not saying that we need to swallow every situation and enable people. Sometimes we're wrong. Sometimes we're right. We can work and bend on our reactions though. I can definitely think of some instances where I still stand firm on my "why", but in the same instance I wish I could take back my reaction-the "how". Love people. Assume they are hurting because usually they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read each of these comments with excitement knowing that I will either gain confirmation or suggestions! God bless you!